Thursday, September 20, 2012

Vito Acconci


Now I will tell you a secret: I am nodding my head.
Now I will tell you the truth: I am stretching.

Now I will tell you something that can't be questioned: I am
waving my hands.

Now I will tell you the facts: I am waving my leg.

Now I will tell you something you can't know: I am changing
position.

Now I will tell you what I swear is true: I am turning around.

Now I will tell you something there is no reason to doubt: I
am bending over.

Now I will tell you something that can be proven: I am raising
my eyes.

Now I will tell you something there is no denying:
I am folding my arms.

Now I will tell you something that he says is so: I am shrugging
my shoulders.

Now I will tell you something he says he read in a book: I am
crossing my legs.

Now I am walking: Like this.

Now I am building it: That way.

Now I am removing it: In this manner.

Now I am putting it in place: Just like that.

Now I am looking at it: That's how.

Now I am taking it: This way.

--Vito Acconci

in Open City, Number Five

***
***

No comments:

Post a Comment